J1 Visa Terminology
Pisit Heng

J1 Visa terminology

When it comes to taking the right approach and choosing the program that best fits what you are looking for, it is important that you understand the terminology and all the moving bits and pieces that are involved in the process, that’s why this post is dedicated to the J1 Visa Terminology. Rather than applying blindly, it is always better to anticipate any problems you may run into and take all necessary precautions to avoid any confusion or unnecessary complications. Although it may seem complicated, it really is very straightforward, and we are here to help you along the way! You can read about some of the experiences of our past candidates here so that you don’t have to take only our word for granted!

First and foremost, you must decide which is the right visa for you, which in the case that you are looking for a cross cultural experience in a leading American firm for up to 18 months, the J1 Visa is the right choice for you! Bear in mind that depending on your marital status and whether you have children or not, they too can take part of this experience and tag along under the J2 Visa status; which will be granted once you have received approval for the J1. Something that we know can be a significant factor when considering this opportunity.

Now, think about what your experience level is thanks too the J1 Visa Terminology? And what is the annual salary that you expect to receive from your Host Company? It really all depends on whether you are an intern or a trainee. Additionally, your salary will vary depending on your years of experience and whether you have a degree from a post-secondary institution. Once all of this is settled and you are deciding between the offers that we send to you after you have joined our program and paid the initiation fees, you have to understand the documentation that you will need to receive and that which you will need to fill out and present at your embassy.

When the offer has been accepted and the company is already waiting for you to start your program with them, there will be three main documents that you will need to be aware of. One is called the DS-7002, the Training Internship Placement Plan, which be filled out by your Host Company, and the other two are the DS-160, the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form, and the DS-2019, the Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, that you will need to take care of on your end and submit to SEVIS. You will need these documents in order to start the Visa issuance process and do the interview your embassy. From then on is just waiting for the approval, and don’t worry we haven’t had any major complications in the past, and you can always count on us for help along the way and if you have any questions. We’ve placed numerous applicants in leading firms and we would be happy to do the same for you!

Now you know almost everything about the J1 Visa Terminology.



Follow Us!

Don't lose anything about-us