Miguel Quisimondo was born in Spain, graduated from the Polytechnic school in Madrid, started his career in Miami at Perkins+Will and later collaborated with award-winning architect Alberto Campo Baeza in the design and construction of the Olnick Spanu House. He completed his studies with a Master’s degree in Real Estate Development from Columbia University, and another in Construction Management from NYU.
Over the past decade, he has worked for Nancy Olnick and Giorgio Spanu in several fields spanning from design, construction and management. Additionally, he had the opportunity to work with many international artists in order to help them implement and install site-specific projects.
In 2013 he founded MQ Architecture and started working on Magazzino Italian Art in Cold Spring, NY. His designs has been published in la Biennale di Venezia, Architectural Record, A+U, Domus and Casabella
Please check out their work, team, location and everything else below and let us know if we should recommend to you!
Position: Junior Architect
Company: MQ Architecture REMEMBER! This position is open ONLY to Architect-US Members. If you want to be considered for this position, please register in our Job+J1 Visa Program and upload your CV and Portfolio so the Selection Committee can assess your eligibility.
Location: New York City, New York
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Length of the Program: 12-18 months
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- Proficiency with Revit and Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Ability to work closely with the team from schematic design to completion
- Strong design sense and attention to detail
- Experience working on cultural projects is a plus
If you are selected for an interview, make sure to be ready for these questions. As they will ask them to learn more about who you are.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity?
- What’s an accomplishment you’re most proud of?
- What is your highest aspiration in the field? Describe your ideal position.
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful portfolio! 🙂