Oregon is knowing for its beautiful nature and industrial design and renovation throughout the state. The west coast has a different pace to the east coast, and Oregon is known for being a great environment for creativity and trying new experiences. Join Arkitek Design to be a part of this culture of creativity!
Their approach to architecture is founded upon the principle that good design does not equate to undue expense. Often projects with the most challenging constraints are proving grounds for exemplary design, resulting in innovative solutions without compromising performance goals and objectives.
An emphasis on collaborative design environments and innovation has led to involvement in the development and construction management of projects including the recent national award-winning Southern Oregon University Thalden Pavilion and CraterWorks MakerSpace with Jackson County District 6, Crater High School, and D.I.R.T. (Direct Involvement Recreational Teaching).
They believe in the collaborative design approach and dialogue to critically shape a project’s success. This occurs on many levels between the project stakeholders, general contractor, and consultants. The arkitek team is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds, including engineering, architecture, urban design, landscape design, and graphic design. Organization is key to healthy communication between staff members, consultants, and contractors.
• 2017‐AIA Emerging Professionals Award Washington DC
• 2017‐AIA Peoples Choice Award, Best Residential, 520 Granite
• 2015‐AIA Peoples Choice Award, Mixed‐Use Project, 426 A Street
• 2012‐Ashland Historical Award‐Best Commercial Structure, 426 A Street
Please check out their work, team, location and everything else below and let us know if we should recommend to you!
Position: Junior Architect
Company: Arkitek Design REMEMBER! This position is open ONLY to Architect-US Members. If you want to be considered for this position, please register in our Job+J1 Visa Program and upload your CV and Portfolio so the Selection Committee can assess your eligibility.
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Length of the Program: 12-18 months
- Professional experience with revit
- Strong design
- Experience in putting together a set of drawings
- Technical knowledge
- Experience working on cultural projects is a plus
- Ability to work closely with the team from schematic design to completion
If you are selected for an interview, make sure to be ready for these questions. As they will ask them to learn more about who you are.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity?
- What’s an accomplishment you’re most proud of?
- What is your highest aspiration in the field? Describe your ideal position.
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful portfolio! 🙂