The ideal candidate loves solving spatial problems, is familiar with construction methods, and is a natural with output software. This person would spend roughly half their time creating fabrication drawings, and half their time learning technical façade design and helping to produce drawing sets for all phases: Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Shop Drawings. In most capacities, the candidate would be assisted and guided by others at the firm.
Please check out their work, team, location and everything else below and let us know if we should recommend to you!
Position: Junior Architect
Company: LaufsED In order to include you in this opportunity, please register in the Job+J1 Visa Program ASAP as they’re looking to fill the position very soon. **If you are already registered in the Program, please upload your CV and Portfolio to your Personal Profile here**
Location: New York, New York
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Length of the Program: 12-18 months
- Interest in working all phases of a project
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ level education either in architecture or structural engineering.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented disposition
- Great at following or creating a rigorous schedule
- 1~2 years’ work experience in architecture or fabrication
- Proficiency in 3D computer modeling in Rhino, Revit, and especially SolidWorks a strong plus
- Proficiency in 2D drafting in CAD
If you fell in love with this opportunity and would like to have a chance to work with them, DO NOT wait and join us at Architect-US with our Job+J1 program.
If you are selected for an interview, make sure to be ready for these questions. As they will ask them to learn more about who you are.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity?
- What’s an accomplishment you’re most proud of?
- What is your highest aspiration in the field? Describe your ideal position.
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful portfolio! 🙂