Photo by Chris Barbalis

It’s time to take a refresher on the j1 Visa terminology

It’s the beginning of 2020 and we are almost at the start of February, so we’d thought it would be a good idea to give you a refresher on some of the J1 Visa terminology. When taking the first steps to choosing the program that best fits what you are after in your job hunt, it is important that you understand all the terminology involved in the process. There are a lot of moving bits and pieces and rather than applying blindly it is always better to anticipate any problems you may run into and take all necessary precautions to avoid any confusion or unnecessary complications. Even though it may seem complicated, all the information is very straightforward, and our team is here to help you in the process.

The J1 Visa is the right choice for you if you are looking for a cross cultural experience in a leading American firm for up to 18 months. Which is a perfect amount of time to get to know the city, people, and benefit from a different work environment which you are used to. Another great and important thing about the J1 Visa is that depending on your marital status and whether you have children or not, they too can take part of this journey and tag along under the J2 Visa status, which will be granted once you have received approval for the J1. So, don’t worry, if that is the case, we can help you bring your family along, as we are sure it could be one of the biggest decision factors when considering this opportunity.

You are probably also wondering what you can expect as the annual salary from your Host Company and that really all depends on whether you are an intern or a trainee. Furthermore, your salary will vary depending on your years of experience in the architectural or design field and whether you have a degree from a post-secondary institution. Our team can help you figure out what your experience level is and what is the right approach to present yourself to American companies. What you have to do, is send us all of your documentation, CV, and Portfolio and we will determine the experience level which you currently have. A private program advisor will ensure that you meet the requirements of the Exchange Visitor Program.

After we have taken care of that, and you have joined our program and paid the initiation fees, you have to understand the documentation that you will need to receive and that which you will need to fill out and present at your embassy. This we will do as a team once you have decided what the right offer for you is.

When the offer has been accepted and the company is already waiting for you to start your program with them, there will be three main documents that you will need to understand. One is called the DS-7002, the Training Internship Placement Plan, which be filled out by your Host Company, and the other two are the DS-160, the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form, and the DS-2019, the Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, that you will need to take care of on your end and submit to SEVIS. You will need ALL these documents in order to start the Visa issuance process and do the interview at your local embassy. From then on is just waiting for the approval, and don’t worry, there hasn’t been any major complications or anything we can’t resolve. Our team will do a thorough look at your profile so that we can prepare and anticipate any possible obstacles and be prepared once we are in the Visa Issuance stage. We’ve placed numerous applicants in top firms across the country and we would like to do the same for you!


Add comment


Follow Us!

Don't lose anything about-us