While the four “capitals” of US barbecue are considered to be the Carolinas, Memphis, Texas and Kansas City, the nation has given birth to a myriad of regional styles, all of which have been honed to perfection over the years.
For American this is something serious and there is a ritual to follow. But don’t worry as here are the basics to becoming the king of the grill!
- Choose those buns carefully. Always give them enough time out of the fridge, at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill and avoid turning meats too frequently on the grill.
- Calculate your time as it’s important to have enough of it to smoke your food low and slow!
- Seasoning is often neglected. This is one of the first lessons any chef learns. Only add salt to a marinade if you are marinating for no more than 2 hours. Pepper is fine overnight, but salt never. Always season with salt just before barbecuing!
- Leave the sauce until the last moment, otherwise the sugars will burn and ruin the meat!
- Resting meats after barbecuing is essential.
- Most importantly, don’t forget what it all about – having fun and bringing people together! You are ready to become an authentic American BBQ party host now.
You can choose a theme for the party that will make it more fun, and you can add some deco or dress up to engage the guests. Don’t forget the music, some drinks! Enjoy!!