Let me give you some advice in how you should design your résumé in order to get your dream job in The Land of The Free.
- You shouldn’t include information such as marital status, date of birth and identification number.
- You may want to draw attention to a topic or qualification, but keep in mind that you shouldn’t write in ALL capital letters.
- Keep your résumé tidy. If you want to use a table to organize information, make sure the lines are invisible. Otherwise, it can be distracting for the HR Managers.
- You may want to include grades in your résumé to make a good impression, but probably many U.S. employees will not understand what they are. Thus, you should better change your mind and leave them out.
- You shouldn’t even consider adding references to your résumé . You can either send them separately or upon request.
Your American dream is one step closer! Start designing your résumé right away!